According to the scientific review published in the journal Trends in Genetics, most researchers believe grapes are at least 65 million years old.
There are over 8,000 grape varieties from about 60 species, and they are mostly from America and Europe. Grapes also come in several colors, such as green, purple, black, yellow and red.
Grapes provide the nutrients and vitamins our bodies need to stay healthy. In fact, one cup of grapes provides more than a quarter of the daily recommended values of vitamins. According to Healthline, “One cup (151 grams) of grapes provides more than a quarter of the RDI for vitamin K, a fat-soluble vitamin vital for blood clotting and healthy bones.”
The 6 Most Nutritious Grapes You Should Know
Take a look at our six most nutritious grapes for your body: Jack’s Salute, Cotton Candy, Sweet Sapphire, Sweet Globe, Sweet Celebration, and Candy Snaps. Naturally, these nutritious grapes are sweet, delicious and healthy. You can add them to your diet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They are also perfect for healthy snack at any time of the day.
Facts About Grapes
- Grapes are high in antioxidants, which helps protect your body against chronic health conditions, such as cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
- There are several compounds in nutritious grapes such as lutein, zeaxanthin and resveratrol that can protect you against some eye diseases including glaucoma and cataracts. Resveratrol has also been linked to long lifespan and slow aging.
- Grapes can help lower your cholesterol and blood pressure due to the beneficial compounds.
- Even though they are high in sugar, they have low glycemic index, and the compounds in them can protect you against high blood sugar.
- The nutritious Grapes also contain vitamin K, calcium phosphorus and magnesium which are important for bone health.
- Grapes also have compounds that have anti-inflammatory effects that can help prevent your body agains bowel and heart diseases.